Love This Life Layout

Hi!

How are you?  Hope you are doing great!  I'm doing well, a little bit tired after a lot of home improvements. I couldn't wait to do the landscape of the front yard, so last week I did it completely with the help of my stepfather. It was a lot of hard work but I'm very happy with the result.  Yesterday I took some me time to do scrapbook.  Recently a local store had a Black Friday sale and I bought the gorgeous Remember the Magic collection from Paper Phenomenon (Kathy King).  I have a few of her collections and they are great, but this one is my favorite. I had to buy two packs because I couldn't decide which side of some papers I would use and the cut out papers are so pretty that I needed two sheets to cut them apart and to use the backside of the paper too.



Last week I started to fuzzy cut the cut outs sheets and have them ready for when I had some time to scrapbook, so yesterday I made this layout pretty quickly because everything was ready.


I used one of the papers as the background and title of the layout and added a few paper pieces to mat the photos.  I also used some of the cut outs from the collection to embellish the page.

The metal pieces, which I think are from Queen and Co., (flair, stars brads and mouse hat brad) are very old. Since I'm a Disney fan, I had lots of embellishments in my stash. I used them to add more texture and dimension to the page. I love how they look and that I finally used them!



For the Mickey faces I used an EK Success punch and some scraps of Doodlebug Sugar Coated cardstock. I don't know if they still make them, but I have some sheets and scraps of many of the colors, I love the glitter on the paper for details in my layouts.


The blue castle is a rub-on from Echo Park Paper and the epoxy stars are very old, super old, from EK Success Jolees. The twine is thick, I love how it look, I don't know the manufacturer,  I bought it at a local store like two years ago.


The quote used is from one of the cut outs of the collection, but I cut it in stripes to make it work for my layout.  Then, I stamped the date using a Park Lane stamp and StazOn Jet Black ink.

Finally, I made some paint splatters using black acrylic paint and Shimmerz Dandy-Lion.  The dots were made using Nuvo drops in Ebony Black, Dandelion Yellow, Aquatic Mist and Red Berry.



That's all for the moment! I'll be doing my best to be back this week with another layout, I'm taking some free time from the house chores and using it for myself.  Thanks for visiting my blog, hope my work inspires you to create!



















No comments