Grad 2017 Layout

Hi!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!  It's almost Christmas, I'm very happy for that, I love Christmas day!  Today I want to share a layout I made a few months ago for my first daughter, when she graduated from sixth grade in 2017.  This is a simple but elegant and beautiful layout.  It was published in the Fall issue of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine.


To create this layout I used papers from Simple Stories I Am collection for the background and to backed the cut file, except for the green leaves, where I used an old paper from Upsy Daisy Designs.  The cut file is from Wild Pilot, they have amazing designs, I love them!


I did some paint splatters using white acrylic paint and Shimmerz in Miner, Miner 49er, Coal and Beets Me.  I love the look it gives the layout, enhancing some areas of the page.  The journaling is behind the tag, which can be easily removable to reveal it.


The owl is a cut file from Miss Kate Cuttables.  This owl was made in 2017 when I did the invitations for her graduation, I did a few extra owls and saved them.


The embellishments are from different companies.  The butterfly, gingham heart, books and phrase are from Simple Strories I Am Collection.  The tag is from My Mind's Eye, the diploma and Grad word is from Doodlebug Designs.  The sticker flowers, numbers, heart and words on top of the right photo and in the title area are from Paige Evans and Maggie Holmes sticker books by American Crafts.


As I mentioned before, it's a simple design but I loved how it turned out.  Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you like this page and it inspires you to create.  I'll be back soon with a Simple Stories Snap! Mini album I'm finishing, it is taking me some time but I'm in a good path.  I haven't finish it yet because my husband and daughter are full time at home this days, we are watching all Star Wars movies to get ready for the new one and this is taking most of my free time, but I'm enjoying the family time with them, and this is what matters most for me.  

Have fun, enjoy your family and Merry Christmas!





No comments