Hello Cutie Layout

Hi!

How are you?  Hope you are having an excellent week! February just started, finally, after a very long January.  For us in Puerto Rico, it was a very different new year and an unforgettable month where we were having daily earthquakes that has us all a little bit scare.  But we need to continue our lives, as normal as possible.  So here I'm, sharing a new layout I just finished, using the first file from Paige Evans' 14 Days of Valentine Cut File.  She is selling this pack that includes 14 designs and everyday she sends one by email from February 1st to the 14th.  I'm doing my best to create at least one layout with each cut file because I have so many unused cut files in my computer that I don't know if I will be able to use them all one day.  I think I'm a cut file collector, lol.


This is a beautiful but a very intricate cut file.  The first thing I did was cut it using my Silhouette Cameo with the speed in 1, depth in 32 and the blade pressure in 4.  And after removing it from the mat and cleaning it, I started backing the design using papers from Paige Evans Whimsical and Horizon collections by Pink Paislee.  This was a long process, I don't know how much time it took since I worked with it every time I had some free minutes.


Once the cut file was completely backed with lots of color, I chose my photos and printed them at 3" x 4", then trim some of them a little bit in the 3" side to help them fit better in the page and to have some free space for the papers.


The light pink paper was trimmed to 11 1/4" x 11 1/14" and adhered on top of the magenta paper.  A white border was made around the papers using my stitching machine.  Then I added the white hearts piece of paper and machine stitched it using a fucsia thread to enhance the head band of my baby in the photos.  The photos were matted using the pink diagonal stripes papers.  I distressed the edges of all the papers before adding them to the layout.  The photos and the cut file were adhered using foam for dimension.


I left some space behind the photos without adhesive to being able to insert two tags with the journaling.  Those tags can be easily pull as you can see in the next photos.  To embellished the tags I added some ribbons in pink tones and bows using twine from American Crafts.  


A few embellishments were added to the layout, all from Paige Evans collections (Pick Me Up, Whimsical, Horizon and All My Heart).  I have a lot of papers and embellishments from her collections, so I'm planning on using them (maybe not in all, but as most as I can) with the 14 Days of Valentine Cut Files.  Let's see if I can finish this challenge I made to myself and how long it takes me.  The embellishments are the tags, tab, pink bow stickers, enamel hearts, enamel flowers and enamel banners.


Finally I added the title using  Pebbles Thickers for baby girls.  They are in gold foam and are very pretty.  That's all for the moment, I already have the second cut file cut out and in my desk.  I'm going to start working with it today, once my baby goes to sleep.  Let's see if I'm able to finish it soon.  

Thanks for visiting my blog, hope my work inspires you to create!  



No comments