Love You Girl Layout

Hi!

How are you? I'm back with a layout using the file from Day 6 of Paige Evans 14 Days of Valentine Cut Files.  I still need to work with days 3, 4 and 5 which are already cut in my working table waiting for me...  Well, in the meantime, here is "Love You Girl" layout. In my Instagram I'm adding a video of this layout to show the layers, texture, the shakers and the hidden journaling, go check it here!


To start with this layout I cut out the cut file using white American Crafts textured cardstock and the Silhouette Cameo.  Since its very intricate I set the machine to cut it very slowly (speed 2).  Then I backed it using papers from Paige Evans Whimsical and Horizon collections.  I backed the "Love" word and created a shaker in the big heart, then backed all the hearts in the cut file using a fuchsia or glittery pink paper.  The rest of the file was backed with a white papers with tiny hearts from Whimsical.  The scalloped edge was backed in fuchsia to enhance the color and make the cut file pop in the page.


The shaker was made using chunk glitters from Target, I love how cute it turned out.


Since the cut file is pretty big and occupies a huge part of the layout, I decided to use only one photo of my daughter and embellished around it.  For that, I fuzzy cut the flowers from a paper of Whimsical and tuck them under the photo and under the cut file.


The yellow paper used to mat the photo and on the sides of the layout are part of the Pick Me Up collection.  The blue paper in the background is also from Whimsical. 


A few more embellishments were added to the layout like die cuts, the letters in the photo to finished the title, the rhinestones in the flowers and some white paint splatters in the corners using acrylic paint diluted in water.  The die cuts are from collections Whimsical and Grateful. Some of the embellishments, the photo and the cut file were added using foam adhesive or craft foam.  I love using them for dimension in the layout.


At the end I added a machine stitched line on top of the yellow stripes of paper for additional texture and for my love of how the stitching looks on pages.


Thanks for visiting my blog, hope my work inspires you to create!




No comments