Laugh Always Layout

Hi!

How are you?  Hope you are having a great day! Today I'm sharing with you a layout I made for my daughters using Paige Evans 14 Days of Valentine cut file #3 to create the title of the page. I love this photo because it captures my husband's smile, something that characterize him.  His joy and happiness is contagious, this is why our daughters were smiling in the photo, also the baby who was in his shoulders and moved her head back while laughing.

The papers, die cuts and stickers used in the layout are from Pebbles Loves Me collection.  The colors of the papers works perfectly with the colors of the photo.  I used the paper pad, which I found in a local store at a sale price.  Some of the papers in the pad have foil details that makes them even prettier.  And some of the die cuts and stickers have glitter, which I love!



To create the background I prepared the white American Craft cardstock using clear gesso from Liquitex.  Once it was dry, I started with the mixed media adding color using Vicki Boutin Watercolor Brush Markers in Sugared Strawberry, Cotton Candy and Cherry Tart.  Also with them I did some splatters.


Then I used Paige Evans Heart Confetti stencil and Shimmerz Dazzlerz Tutti Fruitti paste to create the shimmering hearts in the background.


The title was made using the Silhouette Cameo, it was cut three times in white cardstock and then, a fourth layer in red was added to make the title thicker and with some dimension.


For more texture, I distressed the edges of the papers and stitched a line in some of them and made a border around the layout using red thread. 


Also, a tag from the die cuts was used and embellished with a piece of red ribbon and twine to make a bow for more interest around the photo.  A few die cuts were also added in the corner of the photo to create a cluster and made the photo the focus of the page.



At the end, some Nuvo Drops were used around the layout in Carnation Pink, Crystal Drops and Red Berry to add another detail to the page and a few sequins in red tones were added.  It is a simple layout but it took some time while waiting for the mixed media to dry. I'm working on a new page I'm planning on sharing this week, so stay tunned!


Thanks for your visit, I really appreciate it.  Hope you like my work and it inspires you to create!

No comments