Our Love Story Layout and Process Video

Hi!

Hope you are having a great day!  It's almost weekend, yeah!!!  This week I finished another layout using designs from the 14 Days of Valentine Cut Files from Paige Evans. I'm doing a great effort to use them as soon as possible and not leave them in my computer, unused.  Being able to finish it and make a process video was a great accomplishment for me because I usually don't have a lot of free time.  Back to the layout, it is titled "Our Love Story" and I'm using a photo from our wedding.

I challenged myself to use those 14 designs in my next projects, also to use as many papers and embellishments from Paige Evans' collections.  I have a lot of her products unopened and I want to use them. Her collections are usually full of bright colors but I mixed them to find the appropriate papers for this wedding theme page.


The first thing I did was cut out the designs #2 and #3 using white American Crafts cardstock and my Silhouette Cameo.  I backed the flowers using papers from Pick Me Up and the leaves with a paper from Grateful.  The top layer of the title was cut out of a paper from Horizon.




I painted the circular frame using Vicki Boutin Coral Macarron Watercolor Brush diluted in water, I let it dried and it was very pink.  Then I painted it again, using a beige art crayon from Vicki Boutin to soften the pink tone but once it dried, it was still too pink. To solve the situation a painted the frame using white gesso diluted in water.  Once it was dried, the color was perfect for the layout and coordinated with the flowers.  To secure the frame to the page I machine stitched it using white thread.



A bit of mixed media was done in the background cardstock.  First I added clear gesso to the center of the cardstock and let it dry.  Then I started adding color using Shimmerz Great Fruit.  I used the same color to add splatters. Also used Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49 er to add gold paint splatters to the layout.



Once the paints were dry I used Paige Evans Heart Confetti stencil and Shimmerz Dazzlerz Spun Sugar paste to add those hearts to the background.  This paste is beautiful and I love it; it's not too thick, you can see its dimension without it being bulky.


I added the paints in two corners of the photo, in the picture you can see the mixed media in the title area.  Can you see the hearts made with the paste?  The gold scalloped border is a die cut from Whimsical collection, also the heart in the photo under the "our" word.


The photo was matted using the foil heart paper from Paige Evans Pick Me Up collection.  The same paper was used to back the torn edges in the white cardstock.  A piece of American Crafts gold text vellum was also used in matting the photo the bottom edge was torn.  The cut files and photo were added to the page using craft foam to give them dimension.


To create a thick title, I cut it three times in white cardstock, layered them together and on top added another layer cut out from a coral solid paper from the Horizon paper pad.  The bird and the birdhouse are die cuts from Grateful collection. The words "our" and "story" were formed using American Crafts Happy and Happy Life Thickers.


For some additional details and to use a few of the embellishments, I added some die cut and stickers flowers, also some die cut leaves from Whimsical and Horizon collections.  And to finish the layout a machine stitched border was made around the page using a gold tone thread.


Here is the process video for the layout, it's in Spanish, hope you enjoy it, learn something, and are inspired! I'll be doing an English version soon.




Thank you for your visit!





No comments