Always Be Kind Layout

Hi!

Last week I saw A Cherry On Top challenge on Instagram, using a Page Maps sketch. I'm a fan and follower of  Page Maps sketches since 2005. I love their sketches because they are easy to follow, make the photo the center of attention, and most of the time they include two photos or more. For this challenge the sketch is for two photos, so I started searching for photos and found these of my daughter from last December when she cut her hair for the fourth time to donate it.  We are very proud and happy of her great heart, so I decided to make this layout to always remember this special moment.  And check the process video at the end of this post, maybe you learn something or it inspires you!



The sketch is for a layout with many different patterned papers, this is why I chose this collection and embellishments from Dear Lizzy She's Magic collection.  I bought the paper pad which includes papers with iridescent accents and has a lot of different designs, all of them very pretty!  You can see the sketch below.

 


The first thing I did was select the papers for the background and cut them in different widths and heights.  Then cut the edges diagonally.


Once the paper were ready and I knew the colors I'll be using for the layout, I started working on the background.  For that I used a Tim Holtz stencil named Dot Fade THS006.  I mixed Deco Art Media White Modeling Paste with Shimmerz Scarlet's Fever Coloringz and a bit of Cotton Candy and applied it to three areas of the page near the title and clusters.



Also, I added some splatters using Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Navy and Ocean to add more color and interest to those areas.


Once the mixed media was dried, I distressed the edges of all the papers and started adding them using liquid adhesive (Scotch Tacky) and when it was dried I machine stitched on top of each stripe of paper.


For the photos I used a piece of the red patterned paper and a piece of a Bazzil Basics pink cardstock with foil hearts.  Those cardstock are really pretty, I found them in four different colors (red, white, pink and fuchsia) in a local store.


For the journaling and title area, I used a green ledger paper from the collection and an EK Success edge punch for the top part. The journaling was written using a Staedtler gray pen and date was stamped using Staz-On Dove Gray and a Park Lane stamp.


The title was made using  Jillibean Soup Garden Harvest Foam Stickers and My Mind's Eye Now and Then Mildred Oh Happy Day alphas, which I reduced to fit in the space on top of the word "kind". 



Then I started embellishing the layout using the die cuts, puffy stickers, cardstock stickers and word stickers.  Also, I fussy cut some flowers from one of the paper to create the clusters and some white leaves I had in my desk from previous projects which I cut with my Silhouette and an Echo Park Paper file.


Those embellishments and papers are really beautiful, the shimmer in them is amazing, you can see it in the birds and flowers.  To create different layers in the page I used foam adhesive of 1/16" and 1/8", this way some of the flowers are more elevated than others, adding interest and dimension to the layout.

  

Check the process video to create this layout:

If you prefer the Spanish Version of the process video, check it here:


Thanks for your visit, hope you like this layout and it inspires you to create.  


No comments