Yo Me Quedo En Casa Layout

Hi!

Hope you are safe and having a beautiful day! We are safe at home in our 9th day of curfew. For us it is not hard because we always spend a lot of time at home, together. But, like many of you, we are really worried about this COVID-19 virus, and what is going to happen. We are praying for this to pass fast, for a cure, for a miracle and no more deaths. We are doing our part, we are staying at home to save our lives and the lives of others. In these days, I've seen many people sharing lots of beautiful layouts and projects but I barely have time to craft, I've been playing with Barbies, puzzles, coloring, playing pretend, and more. My husband is working from home and has a lot of conference calls and my daughter is taking classes virtually so I have to do the normal chores of the house, cook as always (breakfast, lunch, dinner) but the hardest part is having my toddler daughter quiet for them to do their work. She loves to run wild around the house and be loud. Sadly, the whole week was windy with some raining, making it hard to take her outside of the house (to the yard) to play and burn some energy.


Anyway, I'm happy because we are blessed. We are safe, healthy, with provisions and together. And this layout is about this, staying at home, in Spanish. It's a simple layout, but it took me almost a week to finish it. This cut file was created by Paige Evans, she gave it for free in her Facebook page. I love it, these are hard times that I want to document as part of our family story.
 

I started this page cutting the cut file in the Silhouette Cameo using Crafts white cardstock. Then I backed it using one paper from Paige Evans Whimsical collection for Pink Paislee. The paper has many different squares, and I used one of them for each letter. Also used two cut apart cards from another paper in the pad to back the "O" and "Q".


Using an X-Acto knife, I cut around the leaves to help them fit in the "O" without covering and cutting them. Once the file was backed, I glued craft foam in the back to add dimension to it when placed in the layout.


I printed the photos at home using the Canon Selphie CP 1300 . I used Photoshop Elements to reduce the size of the photos, fit them in a 4" x 6",  and then printed them with the Selphy. The printer is very cute, it can print photos from the phone and computer. It prints fast and is great when you want to print some specific photos without going out to pick them up or wait for them to arrive by mail and these days in curfew it is a blessing! The biggest it can print is almost 4" x 6". I say almost because the paper is a little smaller.


The yellow background paper is from the Whimsical collection paper pad as well. I used it because the cut file was backed with so many different patterns and designs that a solid color was needed to make the file pop from the page and been seen without another distraction, and also to make the photos stand out.


I used the sewing machine with a teal thread to create a border around the page. It tore the paper a little bit in some areas because of the amount of stitches of the design and how near they are to one another, remember this is paper, not fabric. To solve it, once I finished with the border, I added a cardstock to the back of the yellow paper, adhering it well, especially in the stitched area. This will support the stitches and they won't came out.


To add texture, dimension, and to embellish the layout, I used puffy stickers and die cuts from Whimsical and Oh My Heart collections. The colors in those collections match really well and work perfectly for this page. Adding those little touches changes the way the page looks.


At the end I made splatters using white acrylic paint diluted in water to enhance the clusters area of the layout. And don't get confused with my photos, they are from this week. My daughters decorated the gingerbread house this week because in December I was sick and never took out the kit. They had lots of fun decorating it, it was something different to do at home.


Thanks for your visit, hope you like this layout and it inspires you to be creative. Stay safe and stay at home if you can!




No comments