Happy Little Moments Layout with Process Video

Hi!

In 2018 we visited Orlando, Florida and I took some time for shopping since we only have a few local scrapbook stores in Puerto Rico.  One of the stores I visited was Tuesday Morning.  There, I found many old Echo Park Paper kits for $5 or $6 and I bought some of them, including the one I'm using in this layout, named Fine and Dandy.  It was an old collection, but it's still pretty and works perfectly for girly projects like the layout I'm sharing today, titled Happy Little Moments.  You can find a process video of the layout at the end of this post.

I was trying to scrapbook this photo of my baby where she was laughing with her hand on her forehead and found this kit in my stash that has red, pink and other colors that works perfectly with it.  First I cut two stripes of the white owl paper in 2 1/2" x 12" and 3/4" x 12.  Then I made two borders in red using a Martha Stewart paper punch and removed a line from it to make it less wide.  Then I cut two stripes of the yellow paper to 1/2" x 12" for the bottom and 3/8" x 12" for the top.  I adhered those stripes to the pink cardstock I used as the background.


After that, I started working with the center part of the layout. I used a piece of the red gingham paper, a circle from the white floral paper and a 4" x 6" card.  The photo was matted using white cardstock and a piece of Carta Bella red polka dot paper from Yatch Club.  The photo was added using craft foam only around the sides and bottom to create a pocket for the "Today" card that holds the hidden journaling.


The "Today" card was fuzzy cut from the 3" x 4" cards paper and a border was made around it using a gray pen and then a red pen.  


A white border was made using a Fiskars edge punch.  Then, I used the sewing machine to stitched around the circle, the gingham and the blue paper with red thread.  Once the papers were adhered and ready, I started to embellish the layout using the stickers from the kit with craft foam to add dimension to them.  Rhinestones were added to the big flower sticker to embellished them.  The tiny pink flower is from K&Co, they are very old.  I used other two stickers from that sheet of K&Co, the flower in the owl and the heart in the title.  This was a great company, sadly they are no longer in the market.



The banners at the right side of the photo were fuzzy cut from one of the 4" x 6" cards of the collection.  They were added using liquid adhesive in the area under the photo and foam tape in the other edge.  At the end, I finished the layout with white splatters made with diluted acrylic paint and machine stitched a white border around the layout.


You can see a process video of the layout here:



If you prefer a Spanish Version video, check it here:




Thanks for your visit, hope you like this layout and it inspires you to create!







No comments