Baking Bread & Killing It Layout

Hi!

It's been a long time since my last post. Hope you are healthy and having a great day. I've been busy cleaning at home after the Sahara Dust hit us for a few days. That was horrible, we were at home, practically all windows closed but it was so intense that the windows, curtains, screens, floor, and everything had dust on it.  But I'm back to share with you a double spread layout I made using the third sketch from the Allison Davis class 6" x 6" for Double Layouts for Scrapboook Generation.

This is a layout with lots of photos, which makes it a busy one with a little space to add patterned papers and embellishments. I decided to make a few changes, to make it more my style. For example, I used a sheet of 12" x 12" patterned paper and cut four stripes to use them in the top and bottom borders of the layouts. I don't want to waste this cute patterned paper, this is why I used two sheets of an old purple cardstock I had in my stash. I don't like that cardstock but for pages like this they are perfect. This way, the layout has a strong base where I can add everything on top.

This is a photo of the left side layout which includes the title and five photos. To enhance the photos, I double mat them using white and blue cardstock. First, I cut the blue cardstocks to cover the middle area of the layouts, and I added the photos matted with white cardstock on top of them.




The next photo is the right side layout. This page includes the journaling, a few embellishments and five more photos.
 

For the journaling I used a piece of one of the 6" x 6" papers from the Simple Stories Love and Adore collection, as well as the pink paper with hearts. I cut it to fit the space in between the photos, saving as much as I can from the doily design. Then, I added a few heart stickers and flowers from the American Crafts stickers books by Paige Evans and Amy Tangerine. To enhance the hearts I added a little bit of Ranger Glossy Accent on top of them to make them look like enamels hearts.


In the title area I used a complete sheet of 6" x 6" paper. I used embroidery thread to stitch the heart design on it and Thickers from American Crafts to create the title.  Then, I embellished it by adding chain stitch yellow border around the paper using embroidery thread. Finally, I added flowers I fuzzy cut from one of the papers in the pad. I added them and many of the embellishments using foam adhesive to add dimension and interest to the layout.





The white scalloped border was made using an old Stampin Up! paper punch. And the words stickers are from My Minds Eye Now & Then Mildred and the American Crafts stickers books by Paige Evans and Amy Tangerine. Other words were fuzzy cut from the papers. Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you like these layouts and they inspire you to craft!


No comments