Family Layout

Hi!

Today I'm sharing a layout about my family during Thanksgiving 2019, when one of my sisters and nephew came to spend the day with us. It was very nice to have them and hopefully this year they can travel to Puerto Rico, if this Covid-19 virus gets under. I prepared the food and we had lunch at our home. To create this layout, I was inspired by a sketch from Page Maps. I substitute the stitches circles by the leaves wreath and added the flower clusters in the corners.



In this layout I mixed papers from different brands. The orange paper is from Echo Park My Favorite Fall, and the blue papers I used as borders and the circle for the journaling are from Pink Paislee Again & Again. The flowers and leaves used to decorate the corners and the "Family" board were fuzzy cut from Jillibean Soup Garden Harvest.





The wreath cut file is from Wild Pilot. You can find their files in the Silhouette Store or in her Etsy shop. I love her designs, they are cute, easy to cut, and they usually have some floral. To cut it, I used a green Bazzill Basics cardstock but it is very thick, so I had to cut it twice. One hint I can give you about cutting files: never remove it from the machine before verifying if it cut properly.  Remember, if the mat is still in the machine and you need to cut back, you can do it. But if you remove the mat from the machine before checking if it was properly cut, there is a big chance you would not be able to cut it again and have a clean cut. The settings I used in the Silhouette Cameo 3 with the auto blade are: Blade: 4, Force: 30, Speed: 3 and Passes: 2. Although the Auto Blade gives you some settings, you can always change them.



For the background, I went with a kraft cardstock to give the page a Fall feeling. I added everything on top of it. To finish the layout, I used white acrylic paint to add splatters and made a border using my sewing machine. To create some layers and add dimension to the layout, I used foam adhesive in many of the flowers and leaves of the cluster, as well as in the butterflies' wings. 


Thanks for your visit, hope this layout inspires you to create, and hopefully soon, everything will be back to normal so we can spend the day with the people we love!


2 comments

  1. Thank you for these terrific, detailed instructions. You have inspired me to use my cutting machine for more than headlines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving this nice comment, it always makes me happy to know my work inspire others. Have fun!

      Delete