My Oh My What a Wonderful Day! Layout

Hi!

How are you? Hope you are healthy and having a great day! I'm back in the blog with another layout I made using Allison Davis Sketches for 6" x 6" Pads class. This is sketch 6 of 20. In this layout, I also used photos of our trip to Disney in 2018, but this time they are from Magic Kingdom.

The patterned papers used in this layout are from the Photo Play A Day at the Park collection. This collection has two sheets of 12" x 12" papers in which the designs were printed in 6" x 6", so I cut them out and decided to used them to create these pages. 

In the next photo, you can have a closer look of the left side layout. In this page I used 3 photos and 2 pieces of patterned paper. 


As you can see, this is a simple layout, full of photos, which makes it a little harder to embellish since it's already busy. To create the border on top of the photos, I used paper punches from EK Success (stars and Mickey face).  


For the stars I used papers from Photo Play and some glitter cardstock in red by Doodlebug Designs and black by Darice. I also added a few sequins from Button Galore. I love how cute those little Mickeys are! Using all those materials gives the layouts more interest and makes them look fun. For dimension, I used foam adhesive behind some of the embellishments. The big stars near the title were cut using a Sizzix die and the castle was cut from an Echo Park die.

In the next photo you can have a closer look at the right side layout where you can appreciate the stitched border I made using the sewing machine and white thread. The yellow border in the bottom was made using a Fiskars edge paper punch. I love when I use stuff I've had in my stash for a long time, like those punches and dies!


The journaling was written in a card from Vicki Boutin Wildflower and Honey Ephemera pack. I used a black pen by Micron to write it and the date was stamped using an American Crafts stamp and StazOn Jet Black ink pad.


For the title, I used a die cut from the Photo Play A Day at the Park collection. It is perfect for those memories of us at Disney!


Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you like this layout, enjoy reading this post, and are inspired to create! I'll be back soon with a new layout!







No comments