Magical Happiness Layout

Hi!

Hope you are healthy and having a great day! Today, I'm here to share with you a layout I started a few weeks ago and left in my desk, but yesterday I managed to finish it. To create this layout, I used a sketch by Alison Davis class, Sketches for 6" x 6" Pads for Scrapbook Generation. The class includes 20 sketches, this is #4, so you'll be seeing some double sketches in the next weeks.

Since I have a lot of printed photos from our Disney vacation in 2018, I decided to used some of them and only printed the smaller ones that are 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". For that, I used the Canon Selphie printer. The papers are from Echo Park Remember the Magic 6" x 6" pad. I made some changes to the sketch; for example, on the left layout I did a bit of mixed media.

Here you can see the left layout. To create the background, I prepared the white cardstock with clear gesso. Once it was dried, I used Shimmerz paints in Naughty or Nice, Dandy-Lion, Scarlett's Fever, and Ride the Tide. After painting the paper, I added splatters using the same colors. Then, when the paint was dry, I used Paige Evans Star Confetti Stencil and Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Tutti Fruitti, Gold Mine, and Sea U in the Mornin' to create the dimensional stars using the color on color technique.


In the next photo, you can see the right side layout. This is a very quick layout, full of photos and a small amount of paper. Since the page is already so busy with the photos and all the colors in them, the amount of embellishments is minimal. Only a few details were added near the small cascade of photos. 


For the title, I used American Craft Adventure Thickers and Pink Paislee 5th of Monaco puffy words. To embellish this area, a few stickers and chipboards from the Remember the Magic collection were used. 


In the next photo, you can see the stars made using the Shimmerz Dazzler paint. I like it because it gives texture and dimension to my projects without making them bulky. And since it is not so thick, it dries quickly.


For the journaling, I used font Ink Free in size 11 and printed it on white cardstock, then trimmed it in thin stripes. The only embellishment that is not part of the same collection is the heart with the arrow. It is a rub-on from Echo Park Wish Upon a Star. I applied it to white cardstock, then fuzzy cut it and added to the layout using foam adhesive.


The next photos are closer looks to the right layout details. I used embellishments from the same Echo Park Paper collection (stickers and chipboards) and a scallop paper punch from Stampin' Up. I don't know if this punch is still available for sale but I have had it for many years and it's one of the punches I use more often.


The majority of the stickers used for these layouts are part of the new stickers books they are selling now with the collection. The final detail was a stitched border on the right side layout. I made it using the sewing machine and white thread.


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, I really appreciate it! Hopefully you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! 

No comments