Day of Fun at Epcot Layout

Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Last week I continued working with the Allison Davis Sketches for 6" x 6" Pads class to catch up since the class is already in week 8. This is sketch 5 of 20. I used photos of us at Epcot from 2018 because I ordered a lot of prints in 2019 and still have them waiting for me to scrapbook.

To create this layout I used the Photo Play A Day at the Park collection. The papers are 12" x 12" but I used the two sheets that have the papers designs in 6" x 6". I cut them out and used three pieces for these layouts and the others in the layouts I made for the sketch #6 that I'll be sharing soon!

The next photo is a closer look to the left side layout. The original sketch suggest using photos 3" x 3" but since I have mine printed in 4" x 6", I modified it to use the photos I have on hand. In total I used 13 photos for these pages.


With all the photos and colors, the layout was already busy, so only a few embellishments were added to the layouts. I used foam adhesive behind many of the embellishments to give them dimension. For texture, I used a variety of materials like cardstock die cuts from Photo Play and a camera wood veneer I had in my stash, but can't remember who made it. Also, I used stickers from Photo Play and Simple Stories Say Cheese II, and made a hand stitched border using black embroidery thread.


Some of the stars are from the die cut pack, but others were cut using an EK Success stars paper punch and the papers from the collection.


For the title I used two different sets of American Crafts Thickers. The white alphas are very old, I think those are part of the first Thickers released a few years ago. They were designed for a Dear Lizzy collection. The silver alphas are part of the Coastline set. They are in foam and have like a "holographic" finish, perfect for Epcot!

The next photo is the right side layout. In this side is the journaling and a few other embellishments.


To make the stars look similar to the die cut stars, I used a black Micron pen to trace a border around some of them.


The journaling was printed using Word and the font is named Typewriter Condensed Demi in size 11. This is a techinique I like to use when I have the time, to give the layout a more elegant look.


This is the layout for sketch 5, hope you like it and it inspires you to create! Thanks for your visit and be back soon to see the layouts for the sketch 6 and other I'm working right now!




No comments