LOVE Layout

Hi!

How are you? I'm happy today to share with you a new layout I made using one of Paige's Evans 14 Days of Valentine cut files, available at her Etsy shop. This file is part of a Valentine's set, but since Love is an all time expression, I adapted it for a Fall/Blessing theme layout.

 

I cut the file using my Silhouette Cameo 3 on white textured cardstock from American Crafts. I used the Auto Blade but I changed the settings to the following: Blade: 4, Force: 28 and Speed: 3. If the file doesn't cut properly, I verify the blade is clean and repeat the cut. Depending on the cardstock brand, sometimes I have to increase the Force to 29 or 30. Then I proceeded to back the cut file using papers from Pink Paislee Truly Grateful collection. It took me a some time to complete it but I worked on it every time I had a few minutes, this way I don't feel overwhelmed to finish it.


As you may have noticed, I love shakers, and this cut file is perfect for this to help the "Love" word stand out. The glitters used for the shakers are from Recollections by Michael's and Target. I used a variety of glitters in Fall to complement the layout. In the background of the letters I used another patterned paper from Truly Grateful. I added foam adhesive to the back of the cut file to add dimension to the page. I used the heart cut out to cut the photo used. I love this photo of me with my mom and one of my sisters. I'm grateful to have them in my life, always available to help one another despite our differences.


For the background I used a paper from Whimsical by Pink Paislee and added white splatters of acrylic paint diluted in water. Since the cut file was full of color, I maintained the embellishments to a minimum. I added some foil, puffy, and enamel heart stickers to the center of some flowers. They are part of those collections, as well as the die cut on top of the photo. 


Finally, I wrote the journaling using a Staedler pen and added a few stickers on the top and bottom. Then, I machine stitched around the layout using white thread. I love how this layout turned out, it was lots of fun to make, since I enjoy using cut files and backing them.

Thanks for your visit! Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!














No comments