Hugs & Kisses Layout with Process Video

 Hi

Hope you are having a great day! This week I'm sharing a new layout I made with the gorgeous Daydream collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This papers are so pretty, that the layouts came out easily. In this layout I used one photo of my girls, used a border/edge punch and did a little bit of mixed media. You can see the process in the video at the end of this post.

I started this layout creating the mixed media background. First I applied clear gesso to the white cardstock, then I added blue paint using Shimmerz Ride The Tide. With the same paint, I did some paint splatters, as well as with Miner, Miner 49er paint for gold splatters. When the paint was dried, I used Paige Evans Doily stencil and Nuvo Winter White Glacier paint. This paint is full of glitter and when its dried looks silver, making it very pretty! 


When all the mixed media was dry, I started with the papers. First, I cut the white cardstock to 10 3/4" x 10 3/4". Then, I punched the doily border using a paper punch from Martha Stewart in the wood paper from the collection. I added the borders to the back of the white cardstock and adjusted them in the corners to make them look like a frame. After that, I added everything to the blue floral paper and used the sewing machine to stitch a border around the white cardstock.


I wanted to use this cut file from Cut To You, so I cut it in white American Crafts cardstock, but this time I didn't back it as I usually do. I traced the letters and hearts in papers from the collection and cut them out. I added the cut file and the photo to the layout, and then I added the letters and hearts using foam adhesive to give them dimension. 


With the cut file and the background ready, I didn't need to add much to this page. I used flowers that I fuzzy cut from one of the papers and one from the die cut pack. I also used foam adhesive in the die cut flowers, while the others were added with liquid adhesive.


I added a frame to the corners of the photo that was matted previously with the wood paper. Also, I added a few words from the die cut pack and the stickers sheets. In the upper corner of the photo you can see a flair button from the collection.


After stamping the date with an American Crafts stamp and Staz-On Jet Black ink, I wrote the journaling and added a few Nuvo Drops in Limoncello, Bonnie Blue, Bubblegum Blush, and Ivory Seashell.



In the next video, you can see how I made this layout:




Thanks for your visit, hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon, I made a new Christmas mini album and it's almost finished, so I'll likely be sharing it this weekend!

No comments