It's Beginning To Look.... Layout with Process Video

 Hi

I'm with the Christmas spirit on high so I grabbed some photos of last year. We were waiting for our traditional family photo with Santa, but in the meantime we took some photos in a decorated area they had available. I like how colorful and bright those photos turned out, and decided to scrap them using Miss Kate Design Deck The Halls papers and die cuts which are beautiful and the colors are amazing! I took some photos of the layout, but there is also a process video at the end of this post. Go check it out and don't forget to like it! 

I started this layout by choosing the photos and the papers I would be using. I chose the red polka dots, the striped one, and the white one with green leaves and pine branches. I cut the white with green leaves to 10 1/2" x 8", the red polka dot to 12" x 1 1/2" and the stripes to 1/2" by the length of the photos approximately, once you have the photos ready you can cut it.


Once the papers were ready, I decided to add two red scalloped borders, one to the striped paper and the other to the white with green leaves paper. I used an old Stampin' Up paper punch I had, but you can use any paper punch or scissor you have. Since I love to stitch in my projects, I decided to add a green border around the page using a decorative stitch that looks like Christmas trees. After that, I added the two banner pieces of paper cut out from another patterned paper from the Deck The Hall collection. I printed the journaling using white cardstock and JMH Typewriter Dry font in size 8. I added it to one of the banners using liquid adhesive.

At this point, the layout is practically ready, just a few embellishments to enhance it without making them distracting. I used a die cut for the title, but it was very thick and my space was limited, so I trimmed it a little, leaving a thin blue edge around it. I used foam adhesive to add it to the layout. Then, I continued embellishing the layout with the die cuts and foam adhesive for dimension.


You can check the process video here:


Thanks for your visit! Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to start your Christmas projects!





No comments