You Are My Sunshine Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

At the beginning of October I received my order from A Cherry On Top with the gorgeous Daydream Collection by Cocoa Vanilla. I'm a fan of Cocoa Vanilla collections but sadly I can't find them here in Puerto Rico. The few scrapbook stores in the island don't carry them, so when ACOT announced the pre-order I was so happy! I pre-ordered practically everything (except for the sequins) and I purchased a lot of the papers. I went crazy, but now I have enough to make a ton of layouts with these papers without fearing to run short on them. This means, you are going to see me creating many layouts and stuff with them. This is my first layout with this collection. I just wanted to use it and create something, so this is a simple, clean, but lovely layout for my daughters. At the end of this post you can see the process video for this layout, don't miss it!

I started this layout by cutting the beautiful Floral Bouquet cut file from Cut To You by Gwen using white American Crafts cardstock with texture. The settings I used in my Silhouette Cameo 3 are: Blade 4, Force 30 and Speed 3. Also, I cut a few branches from a file Gwen designed for Cocoa Vanilla Unforgettable collection. I cut everything in white, but then, I painted the branches and leaves using Shimmerz in Ride the Tide and Great Fruit.


Since the cut file was big and I backed it with different patterned papers, I already had a lot of colors in the layout. This is why I decided to used white cardstock as the background, to ensure the photo was the focus of attention, without making the flower die cut an important part of the design. I love the look of a page with white space, and having this is mind, I maintained the embellishments to a minimum. I used a few die cuts from the collection to embellish the layout. In the center of the flowers, I added hearts using foam adhesive. In the bottom I added the "Favourite" label, also using foam adhesive. To make the label  prettier and to add texture to the layout I added a bow made with crochet thread.


This time I made something different, I stitched a border around the photo. This is the first time I stitched on top of a photo and I love how it looks, so I think I'll be doing it from now on. To enhance the photo, I matted it using white cardstock and two different patterned papers and added a label sticker on the side, which looks like a tab.


For the title, I used the die cut phrases from the collection and added them with foam adhesive. I cut around them to make the white part thinner. The date was stamped using a stamp from American Crafts and Tsukineko StazOn jet black ink. The journaling was written using a Staedler gray pen.


The last details I added were a few Nuvo Drops in Limoncello, Cloud 9, Bonnie Blue, and Bubblegum Blush. In the next photo you can appreciate that while doing the layout, I distressed the edges of the papers to add texture and interest. Those are simple details that helps to create a layout that looks prettier.


If you want to see how I made this layout, check the process video:


Thank you for your visit, hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft. I'm working on other projects and hopefully I'll be sharing them this week. 


No comments