Fun! Mouse & Co.

Hello crafty friend! Today I’m sharing with you my first layout using the Say Cheese Classic Mouse collection by Simple Stories. This collection is beautiful, take a look into the cute designs, the colors, and the embellishments, it is simply wonderful. I just wish I could be all day in my desk creating, but adult life is calling me. Don't worry, I already have another layout with this collection, and I'll be sharing it soon! If you want to watch me creating this page and learn about my creative process, don't miss the video at the end of this post.

I started this layout by choosing my background paper and two photos. I chose it because I love the printed cluster on the lower corner and the stitched details in between the strips of patterns. Since the paper have a big off-white text area, I can add my photos there and use the colors and patterns in the collection to enhance them.  To mat the photos, I used paper from the 6x8 pad. I cut them a little longer than the photos to make them look like Polaroid. I used 5 different patterns in there to have all the colors available. As a sub-title and to capture the viewer's attention, I used a big bubble on top of the photos, it is from the Big Bits & Pieces pack. Isn't it cute?


For the title, I used a big die cut from the Page Pieces pack. It already was embellished with rosettes, stars and a stitched line that hold everything together. I enhanced it by adding a few enamel dots on the center of the rosettes and using foam tape to give it dimension.


On the right side of the photo, I added die cuts with foam tape and hearts foam stickers. I used blue rosette to cover other people in the photo. I balanced the page by using the same colors and repeating patterns. To give the layout texture and interest, I used different materials like cardstock, foam, enamel dots and decorative brads.


I used a precision knife to cut around the printed design in the lower corner of the base paper. By doing it, I was able to add a few extra items like patterned paper, die cuts and stickers to make the cluster bigger and give it some dimension and texture. On top of the tag, I added a bow made of white crochet thread.
 

On the left photo I made another cluster using similar products to balance the page and make the photos the focal point of the layout since the mouses are looking/pointing to them.


Take a look into the process video to see me creating this page while you learn more about my creative thoughts.


This collection is amazing, if you enjoy document your park memories, you are going to love it!


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for another layout using the Say Cheese Classic Mouse collection by Simple Stories.



No comments