Halloween Layout

Hello!

Halloween is coming up and a friend of mine always celebrates it. This time she dressed up her sweet girl as a pink pirate, isn't she adorable? I asked her for a few photos to create a double layout for them using the Sweet & Spooky collection by Doodlebug Designs. It is the cutest collection, and I had a great time creating with it.

On the left side page, I used two photos matted on orange polka dot paper. For the background, I used white cardstock and added the black paper with stars, the stripes paper, the yellow scalloped border and the pink plaid paper on top. I love how all those papers look together!


In this page I added the title using a cardstock sticker and embellished the area using die cuts and doodle-pops stickers, all from the Sweet & Spooky collection. I made a scene with the haunted house, the pirate girl, the bat and the ghost. Then, I added a few stars from the Sprinkles. For interest, I used foam tape behind them to create layers instead of having them flat on the layout.


Behind the photos, I tucked two tags. To embellish the tags, I added white crochet thread. Then, I continued embellishing the area by adding another ghost there, a few words die cuts, and the Sprinkles.


Look how cute this collection is, and the colors are so fun! Something I love about Doodlebug die cuts is how they mix cardstock and acetate. They are a good addition on the layout when creating the clusters because they add more texture and interest.


I balanced the layout by using the same colors around the clusters and by adding small black asterisks to them. Some are made of cardstock and others are acetate.


On the right-side layout, I used three more photos, two of them square and smaller. Also, on this side I added the journaling. This time I used the orange polka dot paper again to mat the photo but also used a mint paper with spider web. To give the layouts continuity I used the same patterned papers in both layouts and arranged them equally on the white cardstock. 


For the journaling I used a card from one of the papers, cut around it and matted it on the mint paper. For texture and interest, I punched a border on the upper part of the mint paper. After adding the journaling, I started embellishing the upper corner by using a third ghost there (look how cute she looks with the bow), a speech bubble, and a few extra details like the asterisks, the stars, the phrase, and the heart.


Then, on the lower corner of the journaling I added a pirate boy and a few more embellishments to create another scene cluster. I really love the "kawaii" look on the pumpkin and the smiling bat!


It is a great collection, and they did a great job adding all those colors and variety of patterns to the collection.


This is how both pages look together. It was so much fun creating these layouts for my friend while using this beautiful and not-so-spooky collection!


Thank you so much for your visit. Don't forget to come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments