Bloom Layout

Hi!

Happy Sunday! I'm here today to share with you another layout I made recently. I had this photo of my daughter already printed in my desk because I was planning on using it in a previous layout but then I changed my mind and used another photo. So this time, I decided to use it and use the color in her shirt as the inspiration.


As mentioned, I started with the photo and based in the color of the shirt, I decided to use the Cocoa Vanilla Unforgettable collection. I love everything in this collection and I tried to use every little piece of it. I didn't throw away anything of these papers because they are so pretty, hard to find, and expensive, so I want to use every bit of it, lol.


I started the layout by using a Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil and Shimmerz Dazzlerz Sea U in the Mornin' paste near the title and on top of the pink card. Since I only had one photo of her I used this pink 3" x 4" card from the collection, and treat it like a photo. To enhance it, I added a border around using a black pen


I matted the photos using white cardstock and a piece of patterned paper. To add dimension to the page, I added the photos using craft foam, but before, I added some stripes and pieces of patterned paper to the background to enhance the photo and make it the focus. For additional texture, I distressed the edges of the papers.


Once all the papers were adhered to the white cardstock, I started embellishing the page. I used the foam "Bloom" title from the collection with some black hearts, but before that, I made a tag using the wood paper from the collection.


It is not a full tag, just a piece of paper, enough to place the edge under the pink paper and give the appearance of a tag. I made a hole and passed a piece of ribbon and used white crochet thread to make a bow and make the tag prettier. This helps the title stand out and looks more elaborate.


In my stash, I had a circle frame with hearts. I cut it a few month ago, when I was working with this collection. This file is from Cocoa Vanilla, but I can't remember if it was a free design or if I bought it. It was white, so I used Shimmerz Great Fruit paint to color it. Then I cut it into two pieces and added them to the layout. I love how it looks, and the shimmer from the paint makes it prettier!


For the top and bottom borders of the page, I tore two different patterned papers into thin stripes and adhered them to the page. Then, I used my sewing machine with white thread to sew on top of them to add another detail and texture to the page, as well as to secure them.


Also, I used the machine to sew some zig-zag stitches  in the photo area, on top of the pink card and on top of the tag.


To finish the layout, I added a label for the journaling and used a black Micron pen. I also added a die cut camera and fuzzy cut some butterflies from one of the papers.




To make the butterflies prettier, I used Stickles Star Dust to add the glitter around them. I made some splatters using black acrylic paint and added to phrase stickers to the photo, and used the Nuvo Drops in Ivory Seashell for another small, but cute detail!


I love how this layout turned out, it has a lot of things I like to use in my projects: the colors, glitter, cut file, paints, pretty papers, and butterflies. Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you like this layout and it inspires you to create!





No comments