New Smile Layout

Hi!

Hope you are doing great! I'm happy it is Saturday so my husband can take care of our toddler and I can take some time to scrapbook! Now that he's working from home, he works more, a lot more, and I have less time to scrapboook because I'm taking care of the girls and trying to maintain them occupied so he can work and have his meetings. Anyway, here is the layout I'm sharing today. I was inspired by a mood board from the Cut To You HQ group in Facebook during the International Scrapbook Day 2020.

The papers are from the Dear Lizzy She's Magic paper pad. I love how versatile those papers are! They can be used for many themes, especially girly layouts.



First, I worked with the cut file. I bought it in the Cut To You website, but you can also find it in their Etsy shop. I love the banner idea to display the title in a captivating manner. Those photos of my daughter were from the day her braces were removed, after 28 months of treatment. I backed the file with papers from the collection, green for the leaves and pink, coral, fuchsia, yellow, and orange for the flowers.


To mat the photos I used a piece of pink floral paper and added three pieces of patterned paper in the area. All of them have distressed edges and the corners were folded to add dimension, texture, and interest to the photo area. A circle frame from the collection was cut in two pieces and used near the photos. I added some sequins to them to remember the look of the brackets in their metallic tone. 


To balance the layout, I added a stripe of blue paper to its center with a blue edge border on the bottom of it. The border was made with a Martha Stewart edge punch. After that, I decided to reduce the white cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and mat it on top of the fuchsia paper (it is only a frame, I saved the center).


Trying to balance my layout, I decided to tear the white cardstock in some areas and back them with a blue paper. After that, I machine stitched around the layout using white thread. Some paint splatters were added using Shimmerz Pink and Refresh Mint. The drops were made using Nuvo in Bubblegum Blush, Calming Aqua, and Carnation Pink.



Then, I started the process of embellishing the layout. For that, I used the die cuts, puff stickers, and word stickers from the She's Magic collection.  The title was made using American Crafts Thickers. The last part was the journaling. I used a Staedler gray pen and for the date, used a Park Lane stamp with Staz-On Jet Black ink.


Thanks for you visit, hope you like this page and it inspires you to create!







No comments