Sweet Baby Girl Layout

Hi!

How are you? I'm good and happy to share with you a layout I made recently. With my participation in the Spring issue of Scrapbook and Card Magazine, I received a Close To My Heart kit. Everything included in the kit is very pretty, the colors are amazing and one of the papers was full of flowers that can be fuzzy cut, and that's what I did. It is a birthday kit, but I managed to use it for this layout of my daughter when she was a baby.


Those photos are very special to us. Those were part of a photo shoot from Sears studio in 2005. In the photo she was using a dress her great grandmother crochet for her; I still have it. It's in excellent condition, so maybe one day, if my daughter has a daughter, she can use it. A few years after that her great grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer and she can't crochet any more.


The first thing I did to create this page was to use the Paige Evans doily stencil with Shimmerz Dazzlerz Tutti Fruiti paste in the title area. Once it was dried I started working with the papers. In the kit was a piece of teal paper, already cut as a triangle because it was a class kit, but I wanted to used it to create my own layouts. I used this piece of paper because it was the perfect color for the dress. I backed the photo area with it and used the flowers to cover the "triangle" shape, making the paper look more than a corner.


The pink scalloped border was one of the die cuts from the kit, so I used it to separate the dots paper from the white cardstock. I matted the photos using white and pink Bazzill carstock and added a piece of yellow paper from the Recollections Creative Hearts pad. 


I distressed the edges of the papers and fuzzy cut half, if not a little more, of one of the papers from the kit. I used a part of the flowers in this layout and saved the others for future projects. Those colors are amazing; I love them!


To add another texture and detail to the page, I fuzzy cut a few vellum butterflies from a One Canoe Two Willow sheet. They have some gold foil details to make them really pretty and elegant. I love adding butterflies to my girly pages, I consider them pretty, happy, and free!



For the title I used stickers from My Mind's Eye to create the word "sweet" and chipboards from an old Crate Paper baby collection. The bear is a sticker from the same Crate Paper collection. Then, I added paint splatters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er and Refresh Mint.


And for another cute detail, I used a few enamel dots near the clusters. They are from Echo Park Paper Bundle of Joy collection.


At the end, I machine stitched around the layout using pink thread. For the journaling I used a Staedler Gray pen. And that's my layout. I love how cute it looks and how the photos are the focus of this page.


Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you like my projects and they inspires you!





No comments