Let Your Faith Be Bigger Layout

Hi!

Happy Memorial Day! Hope you are having a great day! We are at home, still in quarantine since March 16 (70 days), but I'm happy because we are together and safe! Today I want to share with you a layout I made for the Becky Fleck Sketch Challenge # 173 at A Cherry on Top. It was a quick layout, but with a great message for my daughter. The photos were from 2018, while in 7th grade, that she was invited to the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus, to be part of a special program of physics and science. She was nervous because she was the youngest, she didn't have the age required for the program, but it was a great experience every month. She learned a lot of things, met people from other parts of the island, and had a taste of the College experience.


To change from the white background I usually use, I decided to used a kraft cardstock this time and enhance it by adding a black cardstock behind to create a border around the page.


The patterned papers I used for this layout are part of the Forward with Faith collection by Echo Park Paper. I purchased the papers in a local store but they didn't have all the papers from the collection nor all the embellishments. 


This layout is very simple, my focus is on the message from the title and journaling. The title was made from a 4" x 6" card of one of the papers.


I used an X-Acto knife to cut around some areas in the flowers. This way, I was able to insert the card a little bit under the photo, without covering the flowers.


In the top corner, I did a little cluster using flowers from another card. I also used some stickers from Paige Evans collections for Pink Paislee like the enamel flowers, hearts, dots and butterflies, as well as some flower stickers and words.


To change the sketch a little bit, I added two vertical scalloped borders and a thin stripe of paper. This adds more color to the page and gives it more balance.


In the next photo, you can see I added a few splatters using white acrylic paint diluted in water. I love the look it gives to the layout.


For the bottom cluster I searched  for flowers in my stash and found these ones in the Paige Evans Whimsical sticker book. I added it, using foam adhesive, like the other flowers in the page. This gives the layout some dimension because I don't like my pages to be flat.


To finish the page, I machine stitched around the border using white thread.


This is the Becky Fleck sketch for this week at A Cherry On Top. I love how cute and simple it is. Give it a try!

Thanks for your visit! Hope you like this page and it inspires you to create!





No comments