Happy Birthday To You (Quinceañera) Mini Album

Hi!

Hope you are having a great day! We are still in quarantine, I lost track of how many days we've been this way, hopefully this will pass soon. Hopefully a cure for Covid-19 can be found soon, so we can return to our normal lives and our kids can enjoy life as it should be. During this quarantine, my daughter had her 15th Birthday. For us, Latinos, this is a big moment in our daughter's life and we celebrate it big. Our plans were to celebrate it in a "Quinceañera" cruise around the Caribbean Islands but everything was canceled due to the Coronavirus, but I wanted to do something special for her no matter what was happening. I had to improvise some decorations in our house, and thanks to a friend who lent me some fabrics and flowers, I was able to prepare a nice background and take beautiful photos of her. Also, she helped me decorate the wall, thanks a lot Saraí! We did a family and friends Zoom call to sing her happy birthday and surprised her with a "serenata" which she enjoyed a lot and some gifts like this mini album I'm sharing with you today. Check the video at the end of this post!



It holds 96 photos of her, since they day she was born to the present, with 15 years. I included photos of each of her birthdays. The mini album was made using a tutorial from My Sister Scrappers, but I made some changes. I added an extra page, flaps, pockets, accordions, and inserts. It is 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". The spine is 1 3/4", but it should be wider, at least 2 1/2". Between the pages I left a space of 1/4" but it should be 1/2" or 3/4". The papers and stickers used are from Echo Park Let's Party Collection. A few other stickers and brads from Pebbles and My Mind's Eyes we used for the cover.

Here is a flip through video of the album, hope you enjoy it and get inspired!


I'll be back soon with a layout I made, I'm editing the photos, so stay tuned!


No comments