Dream Big Little One Layout

Hi!

How are you? Hope you are having an amazing day! Today I want to share with you a beautiful layout I made for my baby. It was a challenge from Cut To You for the International Scrapbook Day. The challenge consisted of scraplifting a layout from their design team, and I decided to scraplift Gwen Wruck's Now and Then Layout. Here is my version:


This is Gwen's layout, the one I scraplifted. I love using title cut files and embellishing them with flowers and cut details, so these beautiful details captured my eyes and I decided to scraplift it with some changes to make it mine.


I started this page by backing the cut file from Cut to You with papers from Cocoa Vanilla Unforgettable collection. Then, I added craft foam to the back to gives dimension to the layout. I really like this cute title with the stars!

After having the cut file ready, I went looking for a nice background paper but couldn't find one I liked quickly, so I decided to create my own. I used a white cardstock prepped with clear gesso and added Shimmerz Pink paint to it, using a brayer. Once the paper was dry, I used a Paige Evans Confetti Stars stencil with Shimmerz Dazzlerz Spun Sugar paste to add more stars on top of the photo and near the journaling area, to enhance those corners of the cutfile. 



After having the cutfile ready, I went looking for a nice background paper, but couldn't find one I liked quickly, so I decided to create my own. I used a white cardstock prepped with clear gesso and added Shimmerz Pink paint to it, using a brayer. Once the paper was dry, I used a Paige Evans Confetti Stars stencil with Shimmerz Dazzlerz Spun Sugar paste to add more stars on top of the photo and near the journaling area, to enhance those corners of the cutfile. 



To make the photo stand out, I matted it first with white cardstock and then with two different patterned papers from the collections. The right side of the papers are torn, but it can't be appreciated since it was covered with the cutfile. For another texture, I machine stitched around the layout using pink thread. I love how this simple thing enhances the page, making it look more elegant.


Now that the layout was basically finished, I started adding some details to embellish it. I used flowers from the die cut pack and also some I fuzzy cut from one 4" x 6" card. I used foam adhesive behind some of them to create layers and dimension. Also, I added those die cut feathers to the layout and used a piece of white crochet thread to hold them with a bow, and added some phrase stickers in the title area.



I love using hearts in my projects because I basically scrapbook about my family, so a heart to represent my love for them is a perfect addition always. Those hearts are part of the die cut pack, they have different shades and sizes and this layout was perfect for them.


Finally, I added some paint splatters using the same paint as the background, Shimmerz Pink, and finished it with some Nuvo Drops in Carnation Pink, Simply White, and Bubblegum Blush.


What do you think? I love how this page turned out and I hope you like it too. Thanks for your visit!









No comments