Daddy's Little Helper Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a great week! I'm very happy, it's almost weekend and there is no class tomorrow for the girls, which gives me a little bit more time for myself! Last week I started another double spread layout using a sketch from the Allison Davis class "Sketches for 6" x 6" Paper Pads". The class consist of 20 sketches and I already completed 14, that's pretty good for me! This is the first time I'm completing a sketch class.

To create this layout I used patterned papers from Paige Evans Horizon Collection for Pink Paislee. I cut approximately 65-70 hexagons from some papers in the 6" x 8" pad (using a Fiskars paper puncher) and arranged them in a white cardstock. Before adding them, I distressed the edges for texture.

For the stripes border I used a 12" x 12" paper from the pad available at Joann's. This paper is very pretty, it has foil details, which I love! This is a photo of the left side layout. In this page, I used two big photos, added the title, and some embellishments to enhance them.

The right side page includes four 4" x 6" photos and one 4" x 3". The journaling is in the page too. I used a card from the Pick Me Up die cuts and a Staedler gray pen.

For the title, I used three different American Crafts Thickers: Loving Lilfe (white), Happy Life (blue), and Surprise (silver).

The embellishments are from the Horizon Collection. I used die cuts, stickers, and one of the tags. The little hearts stickers that I backed with cardstock are from the Paige Evans' sticker book. I added them to the page using foam adhesive and enhanced them by tracing a white border using a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen.



For additional texture and interest, I hand stitch around some of the hexagons using the six strands of the embroidery thread.


For the date, I used a DIY Stamp and Tsukineko StazOn ink pad in jet black. To embellish the journaling area I added some stickers to create a mini cluster. A few word stickers were also added to the photos.

Thanks for your visit. Hope you like these layouts and they inspire you to craft! 



No comments