HO HO HO Layout

 Hi!

I'm back in the blog to share this Christmas layout I made using Simple Stories Simple Vintage North Pole collection. I did a bit of mixed media to create this page to showcase the photos of my daughters the night before Christmas, after they left cookies and milk for Santa under the tree.

The first thing I did in this layout was to create the background using white cardstock as the base. For it, I covered the cardstock with clear Liquitex gesso. Once it was dry, I added green paint from Shimmerz Pinning for You. Then, when the paint was dry, I made splatters using the same green paint and added gold using Miner, Miner 49er. 

Since the paper with the candy canes had some text on it, I decided to replicate this appearance in the layout. For that, I used an old text stamp from Inkadinkado but instead of using red, I decided to use gold, since Christmas and gold always works perfectly. I didn't want to just stamp the text, I wanted it to be embossed to add texture and looks better in the layout. The embossing ink used is from Tsukineko Versa Mark and the gold embossing powder is from Ranger.


Once the background was ready, I started adding papers to the layout. I tore the edges of two stripes of paper. The first paper is white with a little bit of blue snowflakes, which are very subtle. Under this paper, I added the candy canes one. To give both stripes of paper an anchor, I added a stripe of green and white lines paper.

To embellish the photos, I used a chipboard frame from the collection. It is very beautiful and the wood finish makes it elegant. I matted them with a red polka dot paper, which was distressed in all the edges. Then, I embellished the layout by adding die cuts, stickers, chipboards, and foam shapes, all from the same collection. For some of them, I used foam adhesive to add interest and dimension.

The journaling was made in the computer and the font is named JMH Typewriter in size 8.

Finally, to help the layout stay straight, I reduced the white cardstock and matted it using a candy cane paper from Carta Bella Santa's Workshop collection. Then, I machine stitched a white border around the page.

Thanks for your visit! Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!



2 comments

  1. I stumbled across this layout and I have to say it is beyond beautiful!

    ReplyDelete