Smile, Happiness is Eating Donuts Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are healthy and having a great day! I've been busy at home doing all the normal routines, cleaning more since everybody is 24/7 at home and now with one of  the girls doing virtual school and me homeschooling our toddler. This leaves me with less time to craft, but I manage to find some time to scrapbook. I think from now on, it is going to be easier, since the daily routine is running fine and the girls are doing pretty well in school!.During the past month I finished five double spread layouts, but it was not until this weekend that I finally photographed them. I made them using Allison Davis 6" x 6" Paper Pads Sketches class. 

This layout is titled Smile, Happiness is Eating Donuts. I'm not a fan of donuts, but my daughters surely are. They love going out for donuts and they enjoy eating every piece of them. Those photos are from January 2020, before the Covid Pandemic, this was the last time they ate donuts inside Krispy Kreme, now we go to the drive through and eat them in the car or at home. I still don't want to take them inside any restaurant or store, until all this stuff is under control.

To create these layouts I used Simple Stories Vintage Bliss 6" x 6" paper pad, this is an old collection but I love it! The colors and designs on it are so pretty, even though they are old, they still look amazing! The next photo is the left side of the layout, which includes the title and nine 3" x 3" photos. For the title I used American Crafts Thickers Coastline and Loving Life. Also, the 12" x 12" stickers are from Vintage Bliss. 


Since the layouts had a lot of photos and colors, I decided to distress the paper edges using Versa Magic Gingerbread Ink Pad and stitched around the squares using the sewing machine and white thread. The next photo is the right side layout, which includes two 4" x 6" photos and stickers to embellish them.

For dimension I used foam adhesive behind some of the stickers, this way they don't look flat on the page. Also, I stitched in the middle of the butterflies for another texture and more interest.


A little cluster of stickers from the collection was arranged in the corner of the photo to embellish the photos and add interest to the layout. I love how those flowers and butterflies enhance the photos of my daughters!

In the title area, I mixed stickers and Thickers in different colors and textures, and added a stitched butterfly to continue with the same embellishments throughout the layouts.


The next photo is a closer look to the sticker cluster I made in the right side layout. Those designs are amazing, I really like when the collections have those script details.


Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you like these layouts and they inspires you to craft! 










No comments