Ready For Santa Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a great day! I'm sharing today a Christmas layout I made using the beautiful Simple Stories Simple Vintage North Pole collection. I fell in love with this collection as soon as  they announced it, so I purchased it a few weeks ago, but it was not until the past weekend I started working with it. I love when the Christmas collections include cute Santa's! This is why the first layout I made with this collection is this one, Ready for Santa, which features a big Santa printed on the paper's left side.

Since the background paper is a busy one, with the big Santa face peeking from the corner, I decided to use only one photo of us because I didn't want to cover the cute Santa. Each year, at night on Christmas Eve, when we are ready for bed in our pajamas, the girls place cookies and milk under the tree for Santa, and we take photos of them. Then, we use a tripod and the camera timer to capture some family shots in front of the tree. 

I started the layout by adding gold stars to the background. I mixed white modeling paste from Deco Art with gold acrylic paint. Then, using the Star Confetti stencil from Paige Evans, I made the stars in three areas around the photo (top, bottom and left side) and let them dry.

While the stars were drying, I started matting the photo using papers from the collection and a layer of vellum. I distressed all the edges of the papers and added craft foam in between the green and candy cane papers. This will give dimension to the photo and will make it pop, since it is competing with Santa for the viewers attention.

Once the stars were dried and the photo matted, I added it to the page. I reduced the Santa paper by cutting it with my trimmer, then I backed it with white and red cardstock. I used the sewing machine to stitch a red border around the page. This helps the page to stay straight after adding the modeling paste, which tends to bend the paper, while adding texture, interest, and a nice finish to the layout.

The next step was to add the title. I used stickers from the book and the Santa word is from the foam words pack. I used a thin black pen to trace around the sticker alphas to help them stand out. Then, I created two clusters using dimensional stickers, die cuts and chipboard, all from the Simple Vintage North Pole collection. The cluster behind the photo is a piece I cut out from one of the papers. The drops were made using Nuvo Drops in Bottle Green, Simply White, and Red Berry.



This is how I made this layout, thank you for your visit and staying with me. Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!





No comments