Make Your Own Magic Layout

 Hi!

Hope your are doing great! Here I am again, with the third layout I finished during the past month using the Allison Davis 6" x 6" Paper Pads Sketch Class. This time, I used photos of my girls one day we were doing a road trip around Rincón, Puerto Rico and we passed near a beach. Since it was practically empty, we decided to stop and let the girls soak their feet. They were so happy to finally feel the water; because of the Covid the government restricted using the beaches and we prefer to stay away from people to avoid catching the virus.

The photos are not the best, I tried to fixed them, but since I took them with the phone, they are not the best resolution. To create the layouts, I used Echo Park Let's Be Mermaids papers. This time I didn't use a 6" x 6" pad, instead I used the 12" x 12" sheets from a kit I bought at Tuesday Morning in 2018. Those colors and the designs are perfect for those photos of my girls.

Here is a closer view of the left side layout. This page includes four photos and part of the title.

The next photo is the right side layout, which includes three photos, the other part of the title, and the journaling. The jouranling was made using American Crafts Thickers from Paige Evans Grateful collection.


For the journaling I used a 3" x 4" card from the collection which has some banners printed in the upper right corner. I added an octopus from the sticker sheet on the kit.

The stickers used to embellish the layouts are from the Echo Park Let's Be Mermaid kit and Simple Stories Good Vibes collection. The date was stamped using a Park Lane stamp and Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black ink.

The blue border was made using a Stampin' Up scalloped edge punch. With the sewing machine, I stitched a border around the layout to add texture and interest to the pages.

The sequins are stickers from the Echo Park Let's Be Mermaid kit. Some of the embellishments were added with foam adhesive for dimension. At the end, I added a few Nuvo Drops in Plum Pudding, Blue Lagoon, Morning Dew, and Aquatic Mist.


That's all for this layout, hope you like it and get inspired to craft. Thanks for your visit! Stay tuned for more double spreads!



No comments