Zoom Interview Layout

 Hi

I'm back today at the blog, to share with you this layout I created for my daughter. The photos are from her first interview and since we are with this Covid-19 Pandemic, it had to be by Zoom. She was in the second phase elimination for a Science and Astronomy Camp at the Arecibo Observatory. It was her fist time participating in the program and she was very nervous. This time she was not chosen, but she did an awesome job and we are very proud of her. This page was made to document this special moment in her life.

To create this layout, the first thing I did was to cut the Chevron Background cut file by Cut To You by Gwen. I used white American Crafts cardstock and my Silhouette Cameo. The settings I use to cut files are: blade 4, force 29, and speed 3. Once it was cut, I backed it with papers from Jen Hadfield Hey! Hello! collection by Pebbles Inc. After that, I machine stitched around all the cut file using white thread.


When the background was ready, I placed it on top of the black plaid paper. I loved how the backed cut files looked, but I wanted to add texture to it. This is when I decided to tear the white text paper and roll the edges a little bit.


The layout was almost ready, I added the photos to it using crafting foam to give them depth and create a layer which will give the layout more interest. The photos were matted with white cardstock and vellum.


With all the patterned papers, the layout was pretty busy, so only a few embellishments were needed after the title was added. The two alpha styles used to create the title are Thickers from American Crafts, their names are Surprise (silver) and Happy Life (white). The butterflies are from Patio Party, another Jen Hadfield collection. They have gold details that makes them stand out and enhance the layout. To continue with the stitching look, I stitched them to the page using white thread.


For the journaling, since it was long, I decided to write it in Word using a font named Typewriter Condensed Demi in size 9. I printed it and then cut it in thin strips.


The last embellishment I added was a heart, I love using them in my layout because my pages are usually about my family, who are the most important people in my life. This cute gold shaker heart is from the Hey! Hello! collection as well.


The last touch to the layout were the paint splatters using white and black acrylic paint, and Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er paint diluted in water. Then a few drops were added using Nuvo Drops in Cloud 9, Ebony Black, and Bubblegum Blush.


That's all for the moment. Thanks for your visit, hope you like this layout and it inspire you to craft! Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!





No comments